The New Salon Experience
Taking care of our clients for over 64 years and always achieving a Platinum Standard of Hygiene
Our Hays team have been busy over the last few weeks getting ready to re-open our doors to our guests. As our clients know, we took the decision to close the salon just before the Government enforced the UK wide lockdown.
We took this decision to ensure the safety of our amazing clients and wonderful staff. It turned out to be the right decision and a few days later, salons across the UK closed.
Following HM Government guidelines and guidance from the National Hairdressers Federation, we have completed our COVID 19 risk assessment and the Senior Staff have thoroughly prepared the salon for re-opening safely with a new set of standard operating procedures.
A few things you can expect at your next appointment: –
- Our online booking system is now online.
- Please arrive for your appointment on time.
- There will be no walk ins.
- We will conduct a short and non-intrusive health questionnaire before you are permitted to enter the main shop floor.
- Masks have now been made mandatory for all customers by the UK Government.
- If possible, please attend your appointment without a coat and any bags.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at reception and all dressers.
- Our team will be wearing a CE approved Hero Shield Visor, manufactured by Denman.
- We will sanitise each station in between clients.
- We will sanitise all brushes, scissors, combs and equipment in between clients.
- We will provide a Scrummi 100% biodegradable disposable towel for each client.
- Clients will not be sharing gowns, and these will be freshly washed at 60 degrees.
- We can provide separate rooms for vulnerable clients on request.
- Our team will be staggering their breaks and they will not be in contact with each other or other guests.
- Husbands, wives, boyfriends, children, etc will no longer be permitted to wait in the salon.
- Refreshments and magazines will not be available.
- There will be a surcharge of £6 on your first colour and cut service to cover the cost of extra colour, disposables and sanitation between clients. £1 on cuts/ beauty to cover disposables and sanitation between clients.
We will make sure your experience is everything you have come to expect from us and more.
If you are an existing client then you will be contacted as soon as bookings are available.
You can read our full RISK ASSESSMENT here.
We thank you for your custom and patience and look forward to your visit with us.
With every good wish.
The Team at Hays x